Wednesday 24 March 2010

Pad thai on the street

Pad Thai is a dish of stir fried rice noodles with fish sauce, tamarind juice, combined with bean sprouts, chicken/eggs/shrimp and garnished with crushed peanuts, coriander and lime.

As one of Thailand's national dishes,
it's fairly easy to spot a Pad Thai vendor on Bangkok's street
and a portion of street Pad Thai is around 20-35 THB (less than a dollar).

I spotted this vendor on soi Ram Buttri and he cooked the Pad Thai in less than 5 minutes, amazingly fast but was also left me clicking madly on my camera.



almost as fast as the lighting speed!


et voila ...
a 5 minutes Pad Thai topped with crushed peanuts and spicy dried shrimp.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your comment on www.aspicyperspective.com. I'm glad you like my post! Your photography is truly amazing. Keep up the good work! I just finished teaching a cooking class tonight, and taught the students how to make Thai fried rice that I ate in Thailand years ago! It will be on the blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious--about the fish sauce spill! I bet it took days to fully remove the odor. I had a similar "raw-chicken-in-the-back-of-my-car" incident....horrid!

    ReplyDelete